Grateful

Hey guys, gals, and non-binary pals!

I know it's not even close to Thanksgiving yet, but I just had to share something that I'm grateful for.

You see, for the past few months PJ and I have been steadily planning to move. He had to request to be transferred to the new state, and once it went through, they basically wanted him to move there ASAP! It was crazy for us, since we were in the process of renovating this old metal house into somewhat of a dream home (though my mother-in-law has made 95% of the design and material choices). And then, all of a sudden, PJ had to move there while we had to figure out what to do with our precious kitties and our things before the house was move-in ready. So we made a decision: I would stay at our current place for another week or so while PJ moves to the new state and tries his damnedest to finish renovating at least our bedroom so that we'd have a place to move into and bring our kitties that would be isolated from all the dust and chemicals of the rest of the house.

And thus, tonight I'm grateful for my wonderful husband.

He has been working so hard for us to be able to move to another state, since it'd be better for us emotionally and (hopefully) financially, and it'll bring us closer to both sides of our family. And the new house will be renovated and nice, so maybe we'd be able to start a family. I just am so grateful for everything he's done for me and the kitties while he was here and also while he's been busting his (cute) butt trying to get everything settled in for us.

Side story: So today, PJ decided to come back to the house where I and the kitties are staying to pick up some essentials he accidentally left behind (I'm 99% sure I should watch him to make sure he doesn't forget things - he always forgets something!) without me knowing. I was sleeping and cuddling his pillow when I felt a hand softly petting my hair and sleepily opened my eyes to see his smiling face looking down at me. I hugged him tightly and kissed him and he said that even though he had to wake up 2 hours early, it was worth seeing how I lit up when I saw him.

And thus, dear friends, I shall leave you with some parting words: I love my PJ. ❤️

-Allikat

Comments