How to Make Money Using Gigwalk

Happy Savings Sunday!

So, PJ and I have been pretty tight on our finances for basically forever. This meant that he and I had to look for different ways to make/save money.

This is one of those things.


Gigwalk is one app found on the Google Play and Apple store that actually helps you make money on the side. This is not an app to make money to live off (especially since some gigs are Mystery Shops that require you to buy stuff, which they don't reimburse you for). But it's great for some extra cash (which PJ and I are always in need of 😭).

How it works

First, download the app. Then sign up for it. You don't have to really put in much personal info, but you will need to connect your Paypal account so you can get paid.

When a gig pops up in your area, it will pop up in the "Gigs" section. It will automatically pop up with the available gigs when you open the app, so you don't have to worry about trying to find the available gigs. It'll also tell you how far away the gig is based on your location (which is useful so you don't accept a gig you think is right down the street and then find out it's actually two towns over). If you click on a gig, it'll open up the description of what they expect from you and then you can accept it if you want to. 

If you accept it, it'll ask you when you think you'll be able to complete the mission. The three options are 3 hours, 12 hours, and 24 hours. I tend to go with 24 hours just to give myself the wiggle room, even if I'm planning to do it right then. 

You have to wait to do the gig until they accept you (since Gigwalk basically sends your info to the company who created the gig to see if you'd be a good fit for what they want). Once you're accepted, you go complete the gig!

All the gigs I've done included taking pics and answering survey questions, so it's really not that hard. Once you've done everything asked, you submit it, they review it, and BAM! Money in the Paypal!

(Well, maybe not that quickly, but they don't take too long to pay you for gigs.)

Super easy, right?

Legit?

I've done several gigs for Gigwalk so far.



As you can see, I've done 10 gigs so far, half being a mystery shop (so you go and buy something small while answering questions about customer service, how busy it is, etc,) and half being a product audit (check to see if a product is on the shelf). I've been using Gigwalk for about a month, and since then have earned $46 from doing the product audits and mystery shops.

How much do they pay?

Online, I've read reviews saying that they pay $3-5 for each gig. I've noticed that mystery shops pay around $10, but they don't reimburse you, so depending on how much you spend, you'll probably only get a little more than the average. I tend to buy something small for like $2 so then I'll get a profit of $8. Though I also have the mindset to return the stuff if I don't actually need them after I get paid by Gigwalk, but if you do that, you have to make sure to keep an eye on the return policy at the stores. And, of course, you'd have to factor in transportation/time to get to the stores and perform the gigs. 

Is it worth it?

Depending on your financial situation, transportation situation, etc., it'll depend on you. For me, I think it's worth it. Especially if you live in a moderately large city or live close enough to one that you can just do a gig or two while running errands. If you live in a rural town far away from big cities, you may want to keep looking. Sometimes they'll pop up with gigs, but as you can tell from my profile, there will be a lot of gray days.

Overall, I think this a great app to make some extra money on the side - especially if you're out shopping or running errands already. You can stop by Walmart to pick up cat litter and do an audit at the same time for Valvoline to make an additional $5. How much easier could it get?

Everyday AlliKat is not associated with Gigwalk or any other marketing for Gigwalk or its associates. Everyday AlliKat was not paid to write this review or say good things. All opinions are those of the author.  

Comments